Class Action claim filed in Federal Court on August 15, 2012. The lawsuit aims to close a gap in which thousands of daytime students at residential schools were denied monetary compensation in the government’s 2006 Indian Residential Schools Settlement Agreement (IRSSA) in the same manner as students residing in the schools. While the so-called “day scholars” could apply for individual assessment for abuses experienced in school, they were excluded from “common experience” compensation for having attended.
- Individuals who attended Federal Indian Residential Schools as Day Scholars can apply for a $10,000 compensation payment October 4, 2022
- Claims process now open for Indian Residential Schools Day Scholars January 5, 2022
- Representative Plaintiffs in the Residential Schools Day Scholar Class Action react to Federal Court approval of settlement agreement October 5, 2021
- Watch the residential schools day scholar class action September 3, 2021
- September 7th settlement approval hearing July 21, 2021