Following many months of committed effort, there is now a proposed settlement with Canada to compensate Day Scholar Survivors and their Descendants. We encourage all Day Scholars and their Descendants to read the Notice Forms that explain the settlement carefully. The next step will be the settlement approval hearing starting on September 7, 2021. Day Scholars and Descendants can tell the Court what they think about the settlement before or during the hearing.
- Day Scholars Settlement Class Members can apply for an extension until January 4, 2024 Individuals who attended Federal Indian Residential Schools as a Day Scholar have a four-month extension to apply for compensation September 21, 2023
- Individuals who attended Federal Indian Residential Schools as Day Scholars have just under six months to submit a claim for compensation May 18, 2023
- Individuals who attended Federal Indian Residential Schools as Day Scholars can apply for a $10,000 compensation payment October 4, 2022
- Claims process now open for Indian Residential Schools Day Scholars January 5, 2022
- Representative Plaintiffs in the Residential Schools Day Scholar Class Action react to Federal Court approval of settlement agreement October 5, 2021