Following many months of committed effort, there is now a proposed settlement with Canada to compensate Day Scholar Survivors and their Descendants. We encourage all Day Scholars and their Descendants to read the Notice Forms that explain the settlement carefully. The next step will be the settlement approval hearing starting on September 7, 2021. Day Scholars and Descendants can tell the Court what they think about the settlement before or during the hearing.
- Claims process now open for Indian Residential Schools Day Scholars January 5, 2022
- Representative Plaintiffs in the Residential Schools Day Scholar Class Action react to Federal Court approval of settlement agreement October 5, 2021
- Watch the residential schools day scholar class action September 3, 2021
- September 7th settlement approval hearing July 21, 2021
- Residential schools day scholars survivor and descendant settlement agreement reached with Canada June 9, 2021