A significant step forward in the Day Scholars litigation with the signing of a “Memorandum of Understanding” between the Tk’emlúps te Secwepemc, Sechelt and James Bay Cree and the Canadian Government. The memorandum commits the government and the First Nations to resolve this litigation without resorting back to the courtroom and to keep working in the spirit of reconciliation to find a fair settlement in a timely manner.
- Claims process now open for Indian Residential Schools Day Scholars January 5, 2022
- Representative Plaintiffs in the Residential Schools Day Scholar Class Action react to Federal Court approval of settlement agreement October 5, 2021
- Watch the residential schools day scholar class action September 3, 2021
- September 7th settlement approval hearing July 21, 2021
- Residential schools day scholars survivor and descendant settlement agreement reached with Canada June 9, 2021