A significant step forward in the Day Scholars litigation with the signing of a “Memorandum of Understanding” between the Tk’emlúps te Secwepemc, Sechelt and James Bay Cree and the Canadian Government. The memorandum commits the government and the First Nations to resolve this litigation without resorting back to the courtroom and to keep working in the spirit of reconciliation to find a fair settlement in a timely manner.
- Day Scholars Settlement Class Members can apply for an extension until January 4, 2024 Individuals who attended Federal Indian Residential Schools as a Day Scholar have a four-month extension to apply for compensation September 21, 2023
- Individuals who attended Federal Indian Residential Schools as Day Scholars have just under six months to submit a claim for compensation May 18, 2023
- Individuals who attended Federal Indian Residential Schools as Day Scholars can apply for a $10,000 compensation payment October 4, 2022
- Claims process now open for Indian Residential Schools Day Scholars January 5, 2022
- Representative Plaintiffs in the Residential Schools Day Scholar Class Action react to Federal Court approval of settlement agreement October 5, 2021