December 26, 2010: Chiefs of the Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc and Shishalh Indian Bands began talking in December 2010 and decided to pursue compensation for their day scholars together. Chief Shane Gottfriedson and Chief Garry Feschuk agreed to join forces and paddle our canoes together to seek justice, healing and reconciliation for our nations.
- Claims process now open for Indian Residential Schools Day Scholars January 5, 2022
- Representative Plaintiffs in the Residential Schools Day Scholar Class Action react to Federal Court approval of settlement agreement October 5, 2021
- Watch the residential schools day scholar class action September 3, 2021
- September 7th settlement approval hearing July 21, 2021
- Residential schools day scholars survivor and descendant settlement agreement reached with Canada June 9, 2021