December 26, 2010: Chiefs of the Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc and Shishalh Indian Bands began talking in December 2010 and decided to pursue compensation for their day scholars together. Chief Shane Gottfriedson and Chief Garry Feschuk agreed to join forces and paddle our canoes together to seek justice, healing and reconciliation for our nations.
- Day Scholars Settlement Class Members can apply for an extension until January 4, 2024 Individuals who attended Federal Indian Residential Schools as a Day Scholar have a three-month extension to apply for compensation October 5, 2023
- Individuals who attended Federal Indian Residential Schools as Day Scholars have just under six months to submit a claim for compensation May 18, 2023
- Individuals who attended Federal Indian Residential Schools as Day Scholars can apply for a $10,000 compensation payment October 4, 2022
- Claims process now open for Indian Residential Schools Day Scholars January 5, 2022
- Representative Plaintiffs in the Residential Schools Day Scholar Class Action react to Federal Court approval of settlement agreement October 5, 2021