Negotiations with Canada for fair and equal compensation for Day Scholar survivors of Residential Schools broke down in February of 2019 after the government refused to deal with Day Scholars survivors on the same terms as other Residential School survivors. Day Scholar survivors now have no choice but to fight their claims out in court at great expense and further delay. The matter is scheduled to go before the Federal Court in Ottawa for trial in April.
- Claims process now open for Indian Residential Schools Day Scholars January 5, 2022
- Representative Plaintiffs in the Residential Schools Day Scholar Class Action react to Federal Court approval of settlement agreement October 5, 2021
- Watch the residential schools day scholar class action September 3, 2021
- September 7th settlement approval hearing July 21, 2021
- Residential schools day scholars survivor and descendant settlement agreement reached with Canada June 9, 2021