Negotiations with Canada for fair and equal compensation for Day Scholar survivors of Residential Schools broke down in February of 2019 after the government refused to deal with Day Scholars survivors on the same terms as other Residential School survivors. Day Scholar survivors now have no choice but to fight their claims out in court at great expense and further delay. The matter is scheduled to go before the Federal Court in Ottawa for trial in April.
- Day Scholars Settlement Class Members can apply for an extension until January 4, 2024 Individuals who attended Federal Indian Residential Schools as a Day Scholar have a three-month extension to apply for compensation October 5, 2023
- Individuals who attended Federal Indian Residential Schools as Day Scholars have just under six months to submit a claim for compensation May 18, 2023
- Individuals who attended Federal Indian Residential Schools as Day Scholars can apply for a $10,000 compensation payment October 4, 2022
- Claims process now open for Indian Residential Schools Day Scholars January 5, 2022
- Representative Plaintiffs in the Residential Schools Day Scholar Class Action react to Federal Court approval of settlement agreement October 5, 2021